Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wednesday (3rd)-Friday(5th)

Sorry I have been MIA.  It has been so much fun having my parents here the past few days.  I have had to work everyday but they have been able to walk around and see the city during the day and then we go out for dinner and walk around a little more at night.  They are getting their exercise here :)
We mainly have just been seeing the area. I have been showing them the places that they wouldnt have found just being here a week, like Hyde Park (its a really nice park in the middle of the city) and the QVB (Queen Victoria Building, which is a HUGE indoor mall that is just amazingly decorated).  It has been fun to be their tour guide, since I am the new weekend concierge at the hotel I need to be able to do this.
Thursday after I got off work I met my parents and we went to the Aquarium.  I had been wanting to go there since I first got here but noone ever wanted to go with me so I made my parents go with :)  It was a lot of fun and there was a shark tunnel you walk thru and they are swimming around you, really neat.  After the aquarium we had a really good dinner at Tony Roma's and caught up on EVERYTHING!!
Friday my parents met me at work and I was able to show them around the hotel, they got to meet my bosses and co-workers, and finally meet my roommate (she has been working nights so she hasnt been around).  Then we walked around my work.  I have not explored that area (Potts Point) yet so we were able to walk around and see what was there.  It was raining so we didnt explore too much but Sarah met us for dinner and then we walked home and watched tv while eating our desserts that we had picked up from a cute bakery.  It has been a really nice, relaxing week with my parents.  Its nice that during the day they get to do stuff while I am working so when I get off of work we are all tired and hungry so we eat and just hang out.  It works out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment