Thursday, October 14, 2010

California

My last and final stop in the United States was Los Angeles, California to visit Kristen and Natasha!! I arrived on Monday night after a great last day in Colorado but sad to say goodbye to the girls.  Natasha and Kristen met me at the airport and we stopped at In'N'Out for french fries and milk shakes, yummm.  Then we went to Natasha's house and hung out and talked and got settled and planned our crazy, fun filled week.
Tuesday morning we got up early and I joined Natasha in her Theology class, which was AMAZING.  She has such an amazing teacher who really enjoys what he does and is very passionate about what he teaches.  Right after class we went to DISNEYLAND!  This was my first trip there and it was awesome.  I had a hard time not comparing it to Disney world (which is a lot bigger) but it was still a blast.  It truly is the most magical place on earth.  We started at Disneys California adventures then after lunch we went to Disneyland.  The castle is so tiny there but still the feeling of happiness when in Disney helped me overlook the size :)  After spending the whole day riding rides and walking around the parks we went home and made delicious pumpkin cupcakes.
Wednesday, Natasha, her friend Chelsea, and I went to HOLLYWOOD.  We got there early and went to Hollywood Blvd. and walked the walk of fame.  We then took a tour bus around the city to see everything.  It took us to Rodeo Drive, Sunset Blvd, by the Hollywood sign, through Beverly Hills and showed us a few celebrity homes.  We saw the homes of Drew Barrymore, Bob Barker, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Dr. Phil, Leonardo DeCaprio, Richard Simmons, Christina Aguilera, and the house that Michael Jackson died in.  After the tour we went to Pinks hot dogs (which is a stand that a lot of celebrities apparently go to) and I got a Nacho Cheese Chili Dog .. DELICIOUS! then we went back to Disneyland and watched the World of Color show.  It was so beautiful.  It was like the fireworks in Disney world but they do a whole presentation with water and lights.  It was awesome.  On our way home we stopped at Berry Cool and got some frozen yogurt and then went to bed.
Thursday (today) Kristen and I went to Laguna Beach and walked up and down the main road and shopped a little and had lunch at Ruby's diner.  It was kind of hazy so we walked along the beach and looked at the HUGE houses on the water and headed back home.  Natasha and I then hung out and I did some packing and last minute email checking and preparing.  We went to Panera for dinner and Kristen picked me up with my 3 bags of luggage and got me to the airport.  I am now sitting at the terminal, freaking out a little because it is actually here.  I have been planning this trip for almost a year and figuring out these predeparture trips for about 4 months now and they are all over and I am on my way to Australia.  WOW a little scary but super exciting.  I cannot wait to get this long flight over with and be in  SYDNEY!  once I get there only 2 weeks until my parents come (which I am so excited to see them)! ahh so crazy how fast time goes.  I will write again once I get to the land down under :)

No comments:

Post a Comment