Monday, October 11, 2010

Rest of my trip to Colorado

Thursday Jil and I went for a hike up Mount Sanitas.  It had such an amazing view but it totally kicked our butts.  It was such a great way to see the mountains and get some fresh air and exercise.  After our hike we went into Boulder and had some fantastic salads and while eating our salad outside on the patio we had the most amazing view of the mountains.  I cant get over how amazing Colorado's views are!!  After getting the girls from school Izzy and Josie had soccer practice and Jil and I froze while watching.  It was a great day in the fresh air.
Friday we went to costco, then CHICK - FIL- A.  Jil played tetris and I took a nap then the kids came home, we went shopping for birthday gifts for Josie's friends, worked on Josie's school project, watched some tv, had Salmon for dinner (which was fabulous) then made dessert, CANNOLI'S.  They were delicious.
Saturday was a cold, early morning of soccer games.  Izzy lost but played awesome (she almost had a goal, it hit the cross bar) then Josie had a game and played goalie, midfield, and forward.  Her team won and she scored a goal.  It was so much fun watching them play soccer, it made me want to play soccer again.  After the games Jil, Tilly and I went back to CHICK-FIL-A, I had to get my fix since we dont have them in NJ.  After lunch, we did some hanging around then Jil, Izzy and I went to the Colorado University volleyball game.  I got a tour of the campus and it is gorgeous, Jil showed me where she used to work.  CU lost their game but it was still cool to see a college volleyball game (makes me wish I started playing earlier).
Sunday was a morning for everyone to sleep in (it think we were all up by 8 the latest).  It was kind of a crummy day out so we hung out and watched a little "Cake Boss" then went to a pumpkin patch and picked pumpkins, went through a corn maze, and got caramel apples (which Jil and I ate when the girls went to bed).   After pumpkin picking, Jil and I and two of Jil's friends went to the Rec Center and played Wally-ball (which is volleyball in a racquet ball room).  It was such an entertaining game.  We played for 2 hours and probably laughed more than we hit the ball.  (I am extremely sore today from playing) We had dinner at a neighbors house and watched a movie about the US Womens Soccer Team.   Jil and I ended the night with some (not so friendly) tetris games, while watching tv.  It was a great last day with the girls and makes it really hard to leave them today :(
Today Jil, Tilly and I hung out and went to lunch at Spicy Pickle and got Dairy Queen.  I packed and am waiting to go get the girls from school before I head to the airport! Off the California tonight, very excited to see Natasha and Kristen and get to visit a new place.  Getting closer to Australia!!

It has been such an amazing week in Colorado with the Thomason Family.  Thank you Jil, Chance, Izzy, Josie, and Tilly for making my visit so memorable and entertaining!! I will miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment