Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday, October 21


Work was just another boring day again today.  I worked with the houseman today, basically I followed him around while he cleaned and fixed things when needed.  Then after lunch I was told I had to go to an induction thing.  It was a lot of fun.  It basically was for all the new employees at my hotel as well as the new hotel that they are opening up in about a month.  It really taught me a lot about the hotels and the way they expect us to act and how to treat the guests.  I have never worked in the hospitality industry so it was great to learn all about it.  This clinic type thing took up the rest of the workday (which was great).  Stephanie and I went back home and relaxed before we had a group dinner with Margeux at Cargobar for pizza.  Yummmyyy!  It was great getting together with the whole group.  I finally met everyone.  One girl was in Fiji for the past week (lucky) so I met her for the first time. We have not all hung out as a group (all 10 of us) yet since I have been here so it was nice to hear about everyones jobs and get to know them a bit. After dinner Sarah, Katherine, and Nicola came back to my apartment and we had ice cream and watched some tv.  Another great day in Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment