Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monday, October 18th

Today everyone else started work and I was able to sleep in and enjoy another day before starting work.  I was lucky that my roommate, Stephanie, did not have to go to work until 3 so we were able to hang out all morning.  I was also able to skype with my family!  It was nice to finally talk to them and tell them all about what was going on!  It was weird because as I ate my toast and cereal for breakfast, my mom was running up and down the stairs checking on dinner.  Still not used to the whole time difference thing yet.

Stephanie and I went to the sydney sky tower.  It is one of those really high towers where you can walk around and see the whole city from the sky! lol It was really cool.  Then we went to the Maritime Museum.  That was very interesting looking at Sydney history of the navy and of the country itself.  We then went for lunch at Darling Harbor before heading home to get ready for work.  I walked with her to work so that I knew where I was going for my first day.  Stephanie had been taking the train to work and I told her I wanted to walk because I am cheap so we walked and it was only a half hour walk.  So now she is walking with me :) After Stephanie showed me around the hotel a little I went back home and watched some tv waiting for everyone else to get off of work.  I met Sarah at our coffee shop hang out, Gloria Genes, then met up with Katherine and Nicola for dinner.  We went food shopping and then just hung out the rest of the night and ate junk food.  Sarah and I have figured we can eat whatever we want because we walk atleast 6 miles a day.  Well see after 8 weeks how smart our thought process was.

No comments:

Post a Comment